Charting our own course...

In days of old, sailors would keep a journal while at sea to chronicle their lives as they travelled the world in search of adventure... and perhaps an ounce or two of treasure. In this spirit, our family has also set its own course. My husband's career as a naval aviator keeps us travelling to distant shores... adventures await with every new 'port 'o call' we visit! Because of our nomadic lifestyle we have also embarked upon the adventure of homeschooling our twin boys, age 6 (aka: The Crew). The Crew started their 2nd grade work on 06 Aug 2012. I hope you'll enjoy our story as we chart our own course thru life and set sail on new adventures... gathering our stories and treasure along the way.

Fair Winds and Following Seas my friends!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Y’all c’mon over for some Sweet Tea!

We have finally settled into our new home here in Alabama, and I have to say that it feels so good to be “home”!  (Although, as I was unpacking each box, I was very aware of the fact that in 10 months I would be re-packing everything once more…bizarre! ) 
So I have a whole shelf of bottles waiting to be tossed your way, but I wanted to give you an idea of what will soon be washing ashore… So much will be happening in the coming months and I can’t wait to share our adventures with you!
First, after four years of weighing the pros and cons tirelessly, we are beginning one of our grandest adventures yet… homeschooling!  Yes, you read that right!  I am so excited to have this opportunity for our boys and look forward to sharing our learning adventure with you as well! 
Second, I am still on my own journey of a total health overhaul.  Clean eating is amazing, and has done amazing things for my health, energy, and overall fitness goals.  I run three 5k’s a week at our local Y, and combine it with three to four weightlifting sessions per week.  Outside of the gym I run around after the Crew and swim in our new pool!  I am amazed at how eating well affects all aspects of my life and feel awakened and energized! 
Third, life in Alabama is a constant discovery and I can’t wait to share our daily comings and goings with you so you can enjoy a bit of life south of the Mason Dixon line!
Keep an eye to the horizon as I plan on tossing these out at a much more rapid pace then I have been up to now!  Today we are off to the local farmer’s market!  Have a great Saturday!!

No comments: